03 December 2005

missing dpn, found wip

I've just bound off the hem of Wren's sweater and I'm not entirely happy with the way the center cable joins with the baby cables. I bound off using larger needles than I used for the ribbing, so it should be easy enough to pick out if I think of something better. I'll give it some thought while I'm knitting the sleeves. Which won't happen until I find the missing dpn. I suspect the children of using it as a clay modeling tool. Or I might have used it myself for making cables -- I'll have to check my basket. One of the places I looked for the missing dpn was an old wooden typewriter box in which I keep oddments of yarn, markers, needles, etc. I didn't find the missing needle, but I did find a nearly finished miniature version of EZ's baby bog jacket. All I have to do is weave the underarm and I've got a baby-doll jacket for the kids! Of course, the reason it's been sitting there for probably two years now is that I loathe (and suck at) kitchener stitch. I resolve to conquer this fear and loathing, and master the kitchener stitch forthwith. Then I'll be able to finish Robin's pirate t-shirt from last Spring! Pictures later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home