09 February 2006

waiting for fiber (will it ever get here?) an nfo (nearly finished object)

Two weeks ago I ordered a rainbow of wool roving from the Leighton Farm ebay store. After several emails, all I know is that the package has not been checked in at the post office. I'm not concerned -- the seller has 100% positive feedback -- but I am a little annoyed that she hasn't given me any further information or offered to send a replacement. I understand that the package was never checked in, but I'd like to know what the seller intends to do about it if the post office never finds it, or if it never shows up. I wanna make felted beads! I'm also waiting for my Lamb's Pride Worsted from Patternworks, but don't expect it to arrive until next week. I did receive my drop spindle and roving from the Spinning Bunny, delightfully packaged with colored tissue paper and a pretty gift bag. The spindle and roving were lovely, and definitely deserved the beautiful packaging. I'm enchanted with my new tool already, even though I can't use it very well.

Below is one of my current projects. I'm frogging back down to the neckline because it looks very ragged and I want to research a better bind off for open edges. I'll probably have to hunt up my crochet hook for this. I also followed the directions too assiduously, thereby placing the buttonhole at the top, rather than the middle, of a stripe. Eventually this will be a very cute outfit:

tonight's dinner: apricot glazed pork chops, thyme-roasted potatoes, green beans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home